Tips for using the forum
18/01/2019 at 3:42 pm #17260
I am sure you will respect normal courtesy when posting, so moving on…
- Please post only topics relevant to sailing and GP14 dinghies in particular. This is a sailing website, not a general discussion forum, of which there are plenty of alternatives.
A couple of tips to help you get the most out of our forum…
- Writing a Topic or Reply
- Use the editor at the bottom of the page – There are two tabs (on the right, above the edit area). The default is the “Visual” tab, which allows you to see how it will look as you type. The “Text” tab is useful to see exactly what you post… (what? see below!)
- Just typing, everything is fine, but be careful if you paste in some text (maybe from an email or your word-processor) – there will likely be lots of ” text formatting” hidden stuff in addition to the text you see in your email/Word doc.
- Click on the Text tab before pasting text from elsewhere – This will avoid lots of strange looking HTML “garbage” appearing in your post.
- You can then return to the “Visual” editor to continue.
- Uploading pictures
- The maximum accepted file size of pictures 512KB. Many cameras and modern phones take pictures that are many time this size, but for the web we don’t need “print” quality, and excellent photos can be achieved in much less than this! (For example the slider pictures on the Home page are only 100-200KB, as are most of the pictures in our Gallery)
- Before adding a picture you can compress and/or resize it using one of the below:
- free websites such as http://www.resizemypicture.com (choose size=400px and jpg quality=85% will be fine)
- For Windows download free software such as IrfanView (for Windows). or paint.net ( both good but a bit complex!)
- For Apple iPad a simple (and free!) app which I have tried (at time of writing) is called “Compress Photos& Resize” -get it from from the App store (and in case you were wondering, I have no relationship with the author etc.!)
Have fun using the forum!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.