GP14 World Championship 2020
THE INTERNATIONAL GP14 CLASS ASSOCIATION WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
Skerries Sailing Club July 25th – 31st 2020
- The fee for entries received before midnight on June 16th 2020 is £290.00.
- This may be paid in the form of a deposit of £30.00 paid before 1st April 2020, the balance of £260.00 to be paid by midnight on June 16th 2020
- The fee for entries after June 16th but before the closing date ( midnight Saturday July 11th ) is £340.00.
- Discounts are available for Youth members
Please read the Notice of Race and Event Details before completing the entry form.
- If you are paying the balance of entry and have already paid your deposit please make sure to tick “Yes” in the form below!
GP14 World Championship 2020 – Information:
- Provisional Notice of Race – Gp14 2020 World Championships v1
- Printable Entry Form – tba
- GP14 Medical Form
- GP14 Under 18 Medical Form
- GP14 Parent & Guardian Declaration Form
- Which Fleet? – Guidance
NOTE: Skerries SC have requested the first emergency contact for your medical forms is someone land based and at SKERRIES during the World Championship. Please give some thought as to who this can be.
- All boat Helms must be current members of the International GP14 Class Association.
Temporary event membership or Full Annual Membership can be purchased from our online Shop. See our website – www.gp14.org/Shop
Competitors who are under 18 before and including the last date of the regatta must have a declaration form completed by their parent or guardian before they will be allowed to compete. This applies to helms and crews. The parental declaration form is part of the entry form.
- I certify that a valid Class Certificate is held for the boat.
- I certify that the boat is insured for a minimum of EURO 3,000,000 Third Party Liability Cover.
- I agree to be bound by the Racing Rules of Sailing, the rules of the International GP14 Class Association, the Sailing Instructions and the liability disclaimer therein and all other rules that govern this event.
Competition details and results will be available on the World Wide Web.
I agree for our details of Sail number, Competitor name, Crew name and Sailing club to be included on the web site running total listing. If you would prefer for details not to be listed on the web please contact the office.
1. Competitors cancelling their entry to the event up to and including 16th June 2020 will be entitled to a full refund of all amounts paid, less an administration fee of £30.
Competitors cancelling after 16th June 2020 and before the closing date of midnight on Saturday 11th July 2020 will be entitled to a refund of all amounts paid less £100 to cover our committed costs payable to the host club and an administration fee.
No refunds will be made after the closing date.
2. All notifications of cancellation must be made in writing to the GP 14 Association office before the date specified. An email to [email protected] will be acceptable as a method of communication.
3. Transfer of Entry to another Competitor
3.1 It is allowed to transfer an entry from one helm to another up until 16th June 2020, provided this notification is received in writing by the GP14 Association office. After this date transfers are not permitted, and the Cancellation of Entry conditions above apply. Crew changes are permitted at any time provided that they are in compliance with the Sailing Instructions and the Class Rules.
GP14 World Championship 2020 – Fleet Allocation Guidance
Gold Fleet: Will include those who:
Have finished in the top 20 of any National Championship ( with an entry of more than 40)
Have finished in the top 15 of any National Championship ( with an entry of less than 40)
Are considered a professional sailor
Silver Fleet: Will include those who:
Do not qualify for the Gold Fleet
Have finished between 21-30 in any National Championship ( with an entry of more than 40 )
Have finished between 16-30 in any National Championship ( with an entry of less than 40)
Bronze Fleet: A bronze fleet competitor
will include those who do not qualify for the Gold or Silver Fleet
Note: You can select your preference of Fleet but ultimately the decision is at the Championship Committee’s discretion
GP14 World Championship 2020 – Special trophies
A number of special trophies will be awarded at the 2018 GP14 World Championship. Your eligibility for most of these is clear from the entry form, but it would help us greatly if you could indicate on the form above whether you are eligible for any of the following:
AWARDED TO THOSE PLACED HIGHEST OVERALL:
- The Bell World Trophy: First Overseas Helm
- The Bells of Aberdyfi Presented by Roger Owen: Helm and Crew aged 45 yrs of age or over on January 1st 2018
- The Ladies Trophy: First Female Helm
- Young Competitors Trophy: Combined Helm and Crew ages under 45 yrs on Jan 1st 2018
- The Association Youth Trophy ( Helm ): Helm under 22 on January 1st 2018
- The Association Youth Trophy ( Crew ): Crew under 22 on January 1st 2018
- The Worlds Ton Up Trophy: Combined ages of Helm and Crew 100 or over on January 1st 2018
- Endeavour Trophy Presented by Geest: Last placed competitor who has completed all 9 races