2024 GP14 World Championships
THE INTERNATIONAL GP14 CLASS ASSOCIATION WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Welsh National Sailing Academy and Events Centre
(Plas Heli) August 10th – 16th 2024
- Deposit Entries are now Open.
- More details in the Description below.
- If you do NOT know your boat number, please enter TBA plus your initials
GP14 World Championships 2024 – Information:
- Notice of Race – TBA
- Which Fleet? – Guidance
NOTE: The first emergency contact for your medical forms is someone land based and at Plas Heli during the World Championships. Please give some thought as to who this can be.
- All boat Helms must be current members of the International GP14 Class Association.
Temporary event membership or Full Annual Membership can be purchased from our online Shop. See our website – www.gp14.org/Shop
Competitors who are under 18 before and including the last date of the regatta must have a declaration form completed by their parent or guardian before they will be allowed to compete. This applies to helms and crews. The parental declaration form is part of the entry form.
- I certify that a valid Class Certificate is held for the boat.
- I certify that the boat is insured for a minimum of EURO 3,000,000 Third Party Liability Cover.
- I agree to be bound by the Racing Rules of Sailing, the rules of the International GP14 Class Association, the Sailing Instructions and the liability disclaimer therein and all other rules that govern this event.
Competition details and results will be available on the World Wide Web.
I agree for our details of Sail number, Competitor name, Crew name and Sailing club to be included on the web site listing. If you would prefer for details not to be listed on the web please contact the office.
1. Competitors cancelling their entry to the event up to midnight 1st May 2024 will be entitled to a full refund of all amounts paid, less an administration fee of £30. Cancellations after this date will incur an administration fee of £100.
2. All notifications of cancellation must be made before the date specified. An email to the GP14 office will be acceptable as a method of communication.
3. Transfer of Entry to another Competitor
3.1 It is allowed to transfer an entry from one helm to another up until 30th June 2024, provided this notification is received in writing.
After this date transfers are not permitted, and the Cancellation of Entry conditions above apply. Crew changes are permitted at any time provided that they are in compliance with the Sailing Instructions and the Class Rules.
GP14 World Championship 2024 – Fleet Allocation Guidance
The Entry Form will include full Event entry details. This may include various categories of entry in addition to the below.
Gold Fleet: Will include those who:
Have finished in the top 20 of any National Championship ( with an entry of more than 40)
Have finished in the top 15 of any National Championship ( with an entry of less than 40)
Are considered a professional sailor
Silver Fleet: Will include those who:
Do not qualify for the Gold Fleet
Have finished between 21-30 in any National Championship ( with an entry of more than 40 )
Have finished between 16-30 in any National Championship ( with an entry of less than 40)
Bronze Fleet: A bronze fleet competitor
will include those who do not qualify for the Gold or Silver Fleet
Note: You can select your preference of Fleet but ultimately the decision is at the Championship Committee’s discretion
GP14 World Championship 2024 – Special trophies
A number of special trophies will be awarded at the 2024 GP14 World Championship. Your eligibility for most of these is clear from the entry form, but it would help us greatly if you could indicate on the form above whether you are eligible for any of the following:
AWARDED TO THOSE PLACED HIGHEST OVERALL:
- The Bell World Trophy: First Overseas Helm
- The Bells of Aberdyfi Presented by Roger Owen: Helm and Crew aged 45 yrs of age or over on 1st January in the year of the Championship
- The Ladies Trophy: First Female Helm
- Young Competitors Trophy: Combined Helm and Crew ages under 45 yrs on 1st January in the year of the Championship
- The Association Youth Trophy ( Helm ): Helm under 22 on 1st January in the year of the Championship
- The Association Youth Trophy ( Crew ): Crew under 22 on 1st January in the year of the Championship
- The Worlds Ton Up Trophy: Combined ages of Helm and Crew of 100 or over on 1st January in the year of the Championship
- Endeavour Trophy Presented by Geest: Last placed competitor who has completed all 9 races
Deposit, Adult, Youth Helm, Youth Boat