Loch Ryan Sailing Club
The Loch Ryan Sailing Club in South-west Scotland dates back to 1844 when the first published record of a sailing regatta was held.
Events have continued at Loch Ryan ever since, aside from a break during World War II and until 1951 when the club was re-established to take advantage of the wonderful sailing opportunities offered by this sea loch which is eight miles long and three miles wide at its widest point.
The club has a small bar and galley capable of producing quality food for events of up to 30 to 40 boats.
There are ample changing and shower facilities and an excellent view of the sailing area from the lounge.
Boat and car parking is at the head of a large World War II flying boat slip which measures 120m x 30m and launching is available at all states of the tide.
In the recent past, the club has hosted the Dart 18 Nationals, the Tempest Nationals, the Laser 2 Northerns, in 2009 the GP14 Scottish Nationals and in 2010 the GP 14 and Laser 2 Scottish Championships.
The Club welcomes enquiries from Class Associations for similar-sized events.