GP14 Inland and Welsh Championships Preview
Online entries are now open for the 2018Inland and Welsh Championships which return to the popular Bala lake. The event will take place on 05 and 06 May at Bala Sailing Club. The event is always popular with 31 entries for last year’s Inland Championship which was won by Fergus Barnham and Andy Hunter (Snettisham SC/Nantwich SC). The separate Welsh Area Championship was won last year by Mike Senior and Chris White from South Staffs Sailing Club.
The entry for this year is filling up with Mike and Chris already entered with the Gold Fleet contingent looking strong including TomGillard and Andy Thompson, Nick Craig and Charlie Chandler, Mark and Sam Platt, Nick Devereux and Geoff Edwards.
This event will consist of 6 races held over 2 days with the first race starting at midday on the Saturday and 11am on Sunday. The event costs £55 including a BBQ on the Saturday night for helm and crew.
- Closing date for entries will be midnight on 02 May 2018
Required fees are as follows:
- Price – £55 received on or before 02 May 2018, after 02 May 2018 a late entry fee of £15 may apply (at the discretion of the host club)
- Number of races – a 6 regatta held over 2 days.
- Registration – will be in the clubhouse from 10am on 05 May 2018
- Competitor Briefing – will be at 11am on 05 May 2018
- Scheduled warning signal on Saturday 11.55am and 10.55am on Sunday.
- Food – there will be a BBQ available on Saturday evening, the meal is included in the entry price for crew and helm. Additional tickets £7 per person.
Address and Information:
- The Foreshore, Bala, Gwynedd, Wales, LL23 7BS
- More information contact the GP14 office, link to online entry can be found on the GP14 website: https://www.gp14.org/events/2018-inland-welsh-championship/