International GP14 Class Association
Data Protection Policy
version 1.1 April 2018
1. About this policy
1.1 This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members and partners, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it
1.2 We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data Protection Policy for the purposes described
1.3 We reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website https://www.gp14.org/data-protection-and-cookie-policies/ regularly for any amendments, however amendments will not be made retrospectively
1.4 We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “Data Controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
2. Who we are
2.1 We are the International GP14 Class Association, (the “Association”) a not for profit members association that promotes sailing and racing in the International GP14 sailing dinghy. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01204 590325 ( office hours only)
3. The data we collect and the purpose it is used for.
|Type of Data collected||Purpose||Legal basis of processing and consent to store this data|
Member’s name, postal address, telephone number(s), email address(s), boat number, home sailing club, membership type, membership status.
|-For managing the members membership of the Association
-Mailing out the Association Magazine “Mainsail”
-Mailing out electronic e-Newsletter to advise members of upcoming events and newsworthy articles
– This information is collected when a member joins the Association (and is deleted when a member leaves the Association)
|– Performing the Association’s contract with the members
– To ensure we perform our obligations to inform members about the activities of the Association
– We will seek the members consent to collect this data during the membership renewal process.
|Payments processing data
Members name, bank account number, sort code ( Direct Debit subscriptions only)
|– For the specific purpose of collecting subscriptions by Direct Debit for those members choosing to pay by this method
– This information is collected when a member asks to pay subscriptions by Direct Debit, and is deleted when a members leaves the Association)
|– Performing the Association’s obligation to efficiently collect members subscriptions on the due date at the contracted rate.|
|Event Entry Forms
Entrants name, address, email address, phone number, boat number, crew name, age,
|– For the specific purpose of managing entries into organised Association sailing events, including racing and cruising activities and training.
– Age is only required for determination of qualification to age specific trophies and for compliance with Child Protection policies
– Data collected will be deleted periodically.
|– Performing the Association’s primary objective of organising a calendar of sailing events for the member’s benefit
– To ensure legal compliance with Child Protection policies
– Age and Gender is only collected on an exception basis for specific requirements
Historical data of previous owners of GP14 dinghies including sail number, name and address of previous owners
|– For purpose of maintaining a historical record of previous owners of GP14 sailing dinghies for the benefit of members.||– Performing a service to members to be able to provide prospective and existing boat owners with a historical ownership record of GP14 sailing dinghies.|
GP14 sailing dinghy adverts with detailed description of boats and and sailing equipment for sale including vendor’s contact details.
|– For the specific member benefit of selling boats and sailing equipment on the Associations web site. Only data submitted by the members with the advert is displayed.||– Performing a service to members to enable buyers and sellers of GP14 sailing dinghies and equipment to trade legitimately and at low cost.|
Supplier name and address, sales adverts, telephone numbers and email addresses
|– For the specific purpose of displaying advertising from supporters and sponsors to the GP14 class.
– To enable members to find equipment and services relevant to their enjoyment of sailing a GP14 sailing dinghy.
– Adverts could be displayed on web-sites, in electronic newsletters, and in paper based magazines
|– Performing a legitimate service to members to obtain sailing equipment and services
– Performing a legitimate activity to gain an advertising revenue stream for the Association
– Suppliers to the class will be asked to provide consent to display their data
Photographs, videos, commentaries and articles, including names of people and their activities within the Association.
|– For the specific purpose of informing members of the activities of the class. This data will be displayed in various ways:
– Association website & social media sites
– Association newsletters & magazines
– general sailing press releases.
|– Performing a legitimate service to members to demonstrate the activities of people involved with the Association and enjoying their use of GP14 sailing.|