2018 Youth and Masters Championships
Date(s) - 7 Apr - 8 Apr
Poole Yacht Club
The 2018 Youth and Masters Championships will be hosted by Poole Yacht Club on 7th and 8th April.
Notice of Race and Entry Forms are below.
Online entry is now closed.
Please note that the closing date for entries is 4th April. After that date entry is at the discretion of the host club, and an additional fee will be payable.
GP14 Youth and Masters Championships Preview
Online entries are now open for the 2018 Youth and Masters Championships. The event will take place on 07 and 08 April at Poole Yacht Club. The event is always popular with last year’s Masters having 24 entrants and was won by the newest to qualify for the event, Gingerboats’ Andy Smith and Phil Hodgkins (Bassenthwaite SC). The 2017 Youths had a good entry of 11 and was won by Nick Devereux and Tom Wallwork (Budworth SC/UPSPC).
This year’s event will see the Class visit Poole YC which has a big home GP14 fleet and a location that makes you feel like you are on the French Riviera.
This year both events will consist of 5 races held over 2 days with the first race starting at midday on the Saturday and 11am on Sunday. The event costs just £30 with a late entry fee (£50) applying after 04 April and there will be a BBQ on the Saturday night.
- The Masters Championship is open to helms over the age of 40 by the 01 January 2018 (no age restrictions for the crew) and has three categories: Great Grand Masters is 65 years, Grand Masters is 55 years and for Masters is 40.
- The Youth Championship is open to boats of the GP14 Class that are helmed and crewed by anyone whose 22nd birthday has not been reached by 31 December in the year of the event.
- Closing date for entries will be midnight on 04 April 2018
Required fees are as follows:
- Price – £30 received on or before 04 April 2018, after 04 April 2018 this goes up to £50
- Number of races – both Championships will be a 5 regatta held over 2 days. Some races may be sailed back to back.
- Registration – will be in the clubhouse from 08:30 to 11:30 on 07 April 2018
- Competitor Briefing – will be on the south side of the Clubhouse at 11:00 on 07 April 2018
- Warning signal on Saturday not before 12:00 and not before 11:00 on Sunday
- Food – there will be a BBQ available on Saturday evening after racing
Address and Accommodation:
- The Poole Yacht Club, The Yacht Haven, New Harbour Road West, Hamworthy ,Poole ,Dorset, BH15 4AQ
- Information about local accommodation and campsites is available fromwww.pooletourism.com/stay/ There is space on site for a limited number of caravans and mobile homes over the weekend, but only by booking in advance through The Manager on 01202 672687.