2018 Gul GP14 World Championship
Date(s) - 28 Jul - 3 Aug
Mount's Bay Sailing Club
The event is filling up fast and is looking like it will sell out with 130 boats, there will be the usual excellent race management, a packed social programme and lots of little touches that will make this a truly memorable Worlds.
How to enter
Entry is now open online so get in there quick! Best of all you only need to pay £30 now to secure your entry.
(Printable forms are also available – see “Description” for this event in the online Shop)
About the event
The 2018 Gul GP14 World Championship will take place at Mount’s Bay Sailing Club – probably one of the best dinghy championship venues in the UK, set in the beautiful surroundings of sunny Cornwall, where there’s something for all the family.
Gul will be our title sponsor and had these words for members: “We at Gul are delighted to be the headline sponsor. This is a prestigious event in Cornwall the county in which Gul has always been based. Not forgetting the fantastic sailing location that Mounts Bay Sailing Club offer. We look forward to working with the Class and the Club to ensure a successful championship”
Please join and share the event on Facebook and help spread the word.
We are expecting over 130 boats and some of the best amateur dinghy sailors in the country at this event. P&B will be our onsite Chandlers for the event to keep your boat going and you kitted up. There will be a packed social programme with non-sailors and families welcome. The Club is in the centre Marazion on the water-front facing St. Michael’s Mount and we are working with them to ensure that there is enough space for competitors and non-sailors to socialise comfortably and make this a fun, good value, event for all.
About the area
The sea front stretches for miles, with clean sandy beaches and stunning views towards the Lizard and Land’s End. The Giants Causeway is revealed at low tide, allowing foot access to the island castle. The island also boasts beautiful sub-tropical gardens, a small harbour, gift shops, a restaurant and tea rooms. Marazion is within easy travelling distance of all major attractions in Western Cornwall, and is a short distance along the beach from Penzance, and the popular destinations of the Minack Theatre and the Eden Project.
Jack Austin Fund
The GP14 Association is pleased to support youth sailors and the Jack Austin Fund is available to support youth competitors by way of a travel grant. The intent of the awards is to assist young people, including a member of the family of an Association member, who would not be able to attend the 2018 Gul GP14 World Championship otherwise. The Fund will be available to helms (or crews if crewing with a youth helm) who are members of the Association and who will not have reached 22 years of age by 31 December 2018.
Awards can be made for the 2018 Gul GP14 World Championship. If you are interested in applying please read the details on our Grants & Funds page.
About our sponsors
- Gul (Title Sponsor of the Event)
- Amco Drilling (Social Sponsor)
- Ann Penny (Trophy Sponsor)
- Craftinsure (Goody Bag and Event Prize Sponsor)
- Creation Covers (Champagne Race Sponsor)
- Dinghy Tec (Buddy Group Sponsor)
- Duffin (Event Prize Sponsor)
- Elite Sails (Goody Bag Sponsor)
- English Braid (Goody Bag Sponsor)
- Exe Sails (Race Day and Spot Prize Sponsor)
- Gibson Sails (Daily Prize Sponsor)
- Gingerboats (Goody Bag Sponsor)
- Goachers (Goody Bag Sponsor)
- Gurasu (Trophy and Closing Ceremony Sponsor)
- Harken (Event Prize and Drone Sponsor)
- HD Sails (Post-Race Drinks Sponsor)
- Impact Marine (Race Day Sponsor)
- North Sails (Race Day and Spot Prize Sponsor)
- Optimum Watches (Spot Prize Sponsor)
- Paintcraft (Event Prize Sponsor)
- Primal Supplements (Social Sponsor and Goody Bag Sponsor)
- P&B (Goody Bag Sponsor & Official Chandlers to the event)
- Selden (Spot Prize Sponsor)
- Skerries Sailing Club (Irish Night)
- SP Boats (Goody Bag Sponsor)
- Sailing Southwest/Tracace (Buddy Group Sponsor)
- Typhoon Covers (Spot Prize Sponsor)
- West System Resin (Buddy Group Sponsor)
- Winder (Post-Race Drinks Sponsor)
- Yachting Sunnies (Daily Prize Sponsor)
- Yachts and Yachting Magazine (Goody Bag and Daily Prize Sponsor)
- Platinum Fleet Announced
- Welcome to the Worlds – introducing the Southport Swim Team
- 30th sponsor announced
- Mount’s Bay Sweepstake
- More sponsors announced for the Worlds
- Entry for the Worlds opens