And the winner is …
No, the winner in question here is the winner of the Barbados sweepstake. We asked you to predict the top ten places, in the right order, and the person who most closely predicted the result of the championship in our sweepstake was Peter Jacques.
Top five results from sweepstake were:
- 1st – Peter Jacques (45 points)
- 2nd – Mike Edwards (31 points)
- 3rd – Paul Bowmer (30 points)
- 4th – Chris Beddow (29 points)
- 5th – Steve Parry (28 points)
And some stats:
- Only one person got the top two right (Peter Jacques)
- Only one person got four out of ten in total right (Chris Beddow)
- Eight people scored no points at all (we won’t mention names)
- Only one boat that finished in the top 10 didn’t score any points for any entrant – Dave Young (10th)
Thank you all for taking part, and congratulations to Peter. We hope you enjoyed sailing in the event – and now there’s a bottle of Mount Gay Rum on its way to you, to help you acclimatise to life back on this side of the Atlantic.