2018 Training Events
Our training events are supported by Craftinsure, Exe Sails and the E Howard-Davies Memorial Fund
GREAT DAY OF TRAINING AT HOLLINGWORTH LAKE SC
Six boats, glorious weather and light breeze plus a top-notch coach, what is not to like! We all learnt loads of stuff about tuning for light airs as well as getting some special Gold Fleet nuggets! Lots of roll-tacking and spinnaker gybe practice, finishing with some capsize fun for those wanting to cool down.
A big thank-you to Neil Marsden for leading a brilliant day and Hollingworth SC for hosting.
Steve Parry, Old Yellow Boat
2018 Training – Forthcoming Events
|Arun YC||22 June||Enter on-line and enjoy a pleasant evening preparing for the Southern Area Championships. More details…|
|Mount’s Bay SC||27/28 July||Enter on-line. Immediately just before the 2018 Worlds. Hone your skills and get to know the Mount’s Bay sailing waters. More details…|
- 2 June 2018 – Training at Midland SC – get ready for the Midland Open on 3 June! All abilities welcome.
- 19/20 May – Sea training at Llandudno SC – Sea training ready for the 2018 Worlds. Two full days on the sea at this popular venue!
- 20 May 2018 – Castle Semple SC – The Castle Semple fleet are arranging this training and cordially invite any other GP14s join them
- 12 May 2018 – Hollingworth Lake SC – Get ready for the HLSC Open Event the following day
- 15 April 2018 – Welsh Harp SC – An advanced crewing day following the WHSC open on 14 April. This event will focus on crewing skills and is open to any boat with a crew that wants to get better!
- 1-6 April 2018 – Portland (Weymouth) – Craftinsure E Howard-Davies Youth Training Week. A residential week with top GP14 coaches. Open to all youths who want to sail in our championships.
- 30 September 2017 – Bolton SC – Open Training
- 9/10 Sept. 2017 – Blessington S.C – Youth Training
- 4/5 August 2017 – Looe SC – Sea Training prior to UK Nationals Championships
- 16 July 2017 – Welsh Harp SC – Ladies Training
- 30 June 2017 – Dovey YC – Sea Training prior to Welsh Area Championships
- 09-14 April 2017 – Portland – E Howard-Davies Youth Training Week. More details…
- October 2016 – Llandudno Sailing Club – Sea Training.
- August 2016 – Skerries Sailing Club – Youth Training
- July 2016 – South Staffs Sailing Club – Ladies Training
- May 2016 – Bolton Sailing Club – Open Training
- October 2015 – Landudno Sailing Club – Open Training