One of the best ways for GP14 sailors to maximise enjoyment of their GP14 is to join the Association and help support it’s work. Membership of the Association is inexpensive and provides many benefits to GP14 owners. If you are not already a member, please join us today.
The International GP14 Class Association coordinates support for GP14 sailing worldwide, including in the UK, where we are represented on the Association committee by a number of key volunteers, including Area Representatives.
The extensive work of the committee depends on the support of GP14 sailors and your membership of the International Class Association.
Also, the work of our volunteers and Area Representatives means we are able to offer many benefits. It is therefore crucial that all sailors around the world support their International Class Association by joining us.
While for some membership simply provides an opportunity to share an absorbing hobby with friends, for others it is the route to fulfilling their sporting ambitions.
Many of the World’s successful sailors learnt to sail in a GP14, including Ellen MacArthur and several winners of other national and international classes such as the Admirals Cup and the Olympics.
Membership presents an opportunity to make new and lasting friendships, both in your home country and throughout the World, whilst taking part in one of the greatest sporting activities on earth!
- GP14 Racing Circuit – class racing at world, national and regional level
- Grants and Funds – The GP14 Association supports members through Grants and Funds.
- Social Events – outstanding social events, not to be missed
- Cruising – support and events for those who want to use their GP14 to cruise rather than race
- Coaching – organised coaching at all levels – for bronze, silver or gold fleet sailors, young or young at heart (we are never too good or too old to improve)
- Class Rules – protecting the one-design status of the GP14 and controlling maximum prices. This helps to promote fair racing and maintain the value of GP14 boats.
- Technical Information and Know-How – access to documents and members with years of GP14 experience – everything from sailing techniques to how to build a boat!
- Mainsail – the Members’ Magazine – the Association’s very own colour magazine is packed full of articles, tips and advice
- Website and emails – provide access to a huge amount of information at the click of a button, including a large “Members” section containing lots of helpful hints.
- A Discounted Insurance Scheme – approved discounted insurance scheme from Craftinsure
- A Preferential Purchasing Scheme – exclusive to members of the GP14 Association
- GP14-branded clothing from Wave Clothing
- GP14-branded sailcloth bags and other products from The Old Salt Loft
- Sailing – a common passion– a network of friends who all have at least one thing in common and an enthusiasm to share and promote it
Annual Membership fees
- Full Members Subscription – £31.00 (Discount of £2 if paid by direct debit: £29)
- Associate Members Subscription – £24.00
- Youth Members Subscription – £15.00
- Group Members Subscription – Min. 2 times subscription
- Full Members Subscription outside Europe – £10.00
- One-event membership – £12.00
To pay your subscription by Direct Debit please click the following link: DIRECT DEBIT MANDATE
Please complete the mandate and return it to the GP14 office (address on the form).