2018 Midland Area Championship Preview
Part of the Midland Bell Series and the Super Six Series, this year’s Midland Area Championships will take place at The Chase Sailing Club on 21 and 22 April. The current Midland Area Champions are Staunton Harold’s Pete Gray and Richard Pepperdine but they will face some stiff local competition to keep their crowns this year and there are rumours of some high profile travellers expected to attend.
Last year’s one-day Chase open had 21 boats take part. Half of them were from the host Club and they dominated the top three with Richard Instone and Steve Parker winning, Justin Jones (South Staffs SC) and Chris Anderson second and Rob Stringer and Pete Tate third.
Chase is a very friendly and social club (a drinking club with a sailing habit!) so why not come early to the event and join us for a drink at the bar on Friday from 7pm. There is local accommodation, however for those wanting to wake up to the pretty Chasewater views there is camping, caravan, and motor home parking available at the Club. There will be an evening meal and social on the Saturday.
As much fun as it will be off the water the racing will match that. Club racing is very competitive, and often vocal! This is scheduled to be a 6 race regatta over 2 days with the first gun at 12pm on Saturday and 10.30am on Sunday.
Required fees are as follows:
- The entry fee for the event is £30.00 on or before April 18th 2018.
- Evening meals may be ordered and paid for at registration
- The Club will be open on Friday 20 April from 7pm.
- Registration: Will be in the clubhouse from 9.30am on 21 April
- Competitor Briefing: There will be a briefing for competitors at 11am on 21 April
- First race on Saturday not before 12pm and the first race on Sunday not before 10:30am
- There will be food and a social on the Saturday night
Address and Accommodation:
- The Chase Sailing Club, Pool Lane, Walsall, WS7 3QY
- Overnight Camping, Caravan, Motor home parking available within the Club compound.
More information and a link to online entry can be found on the GP14 website: https://www.gp14.org/events/2018-midland-area-championship/ or contact Neil Davies 07388 423314 , Pete Jacques 07801 77 3712 or the GP14 Office at [email protected]