2017 UK National Championships
Part of the 2017 Super 8 series
Looe Sailing Club, 6th-11th August 2017
Please read the Event Details before completing your on-line entry.
(We encourage on-line entry, but there is also a printable entry form below, which can be sent by post as an alternative).
Enter early! Prices include a discount of £35 until the 8th July 2017.
UK National Championships 2017
At Looe Sailing Club, 6th–11th August 2017
Enter early! A discount of £35 will be applied to entries completed before the 9th July 2017.
Terms and Conditions
All boat owners must be current members of the International GP14 Class Association. Helms and Crews who are under 18 until 12th August 2017 must have a declaration form completed by their parent or guardian before they will be allowed to compete. The parental declaration form is part of the entry form.
- I confirm that I have read the Notice of Race and accept its provisions and agree that my boat will conform to the requirements set out in the Notice of Race throughout the event.
- I agree to be bound by the Racing Rules of Sailing, the rules of the G.P. Fourteen Class International Association, the Sailing Instructions and the Risk Statement therein and all other rules that govern this event.
- I certify that the boat is insured for a minimum of £3,000,000 Third Party/Public Liability Cover. Depending on Membership Category, one of the below applies:
- I certify that I am a fully paid up member of the International GP14 Class Association and that a valid Class Certificate is held for the boat.
- I certify that the owner of the Boat is a paid up member of the International GP14 Class Association and that a valid Class Certificate is held.
- Competition details and results will be available on the World Wide Web. I agree for our details of Sail number, Competitor name, Crew name and Sailing club to be included on the web site running total listing. If you would prefer for details not to be listed on the web please contact the office.
1. Competitors cancelling their entry to the event up to and including 8th July 2017 will be entitled to a full refund of all amounts paid, less an administration fee of £30. Competitors cancelling after 8th July 2017 and before the closing date of midnight on Saturday 29th July 2017 will be entitled to a refund of all amounts paid less £100 to cover our committed costs payable to the host club and an administration fee. No refunds will be made after the closing date.
2. All notifications of cancellation must be made in writing to the GP 14 Association office before the date specified. An email to email@example.com will be acceptable as a method of communication.
3. Transfer of Entry to another Competitor
3.1 It is allowed to transfer an entry from one helm to another up until 8th July 2017, provided this notification is received in writing by the GP14 Association office. After this date transfers are not permitted, and the Cancellation of Entry conditions above apply. Crew changes are permitted at any time provided that they are in compliance with the Sailing Instructions and the Class Rules.
A number of special trophies are awarded at the GP14 National Championships. Your eligibility for most of these is clear from the entry form, but it would help us greatly if you could indicate on the form above whether you are eligible for any of the following:
- Banner-Mendus Memorial Trophy: Helm and Crew who are both over 45 years of age on 1 January in the year of the Championship
- Castanet Junior Trophy: Junior Helm who will not achieve his/her 19th birthday by 31 December in the year of the Championship
- Gwen Davies Trophy: Female Crew
- Hamble Trophy Anchor: Boat Helmed and Crewed by members of the same family
- John Brown Trophy: Helm from the host club
- Largs SC Trophy: Helm from a Scottish sailing club
- Marsden Trophy: Boat with registered sail number less than 13200
- Samuel Trophy: Helm participating in his/her first sailing championship of any kind in any class
- Small Craft Trophy: female helm
- Yachts & Yachting Trophy: Helm and Crew whose combined ages do not exceed 45 in the year of the Championship
There are no reviews yet.