Late Series 1 wood spinnaker bags/ halyard bags.

GP14 Sailing forum Forum Late Series 1 wood spinnaker bags/ halyard bags.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Shaw 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Les

Hello again.

So my ’87 wood Series 1 GP has no bags, spinnaker or otherwise. It would be great to have somewhere to stow the halyards and keep the spinny.

Everything I have found online appears to be for the series 2.  Can anyone recommend something?

Thanks.

Oliver Shaw
    Participant

You may well find that a series 2 spinnaker “bag” will fit,  or alternatively you could have a bag or net made to measure.    There are plenty of firms who will make canvaswork to order,  and the attached photo shows a pair of spinnaker nets on a series 1 that I owned a dozen years ago  –  albeit that I used them for stowing a limited amount of cruising kit rather than the spinnaker.

Alternatively you could stow the spinnaker in a bucket.   That works well,  and the bucket will double as your emergency large capacity bailer,  which (in a series 1) you are very likely to need in the event of capsize.

Oliver

Oliver Shaw
    Participant

Sorry,  attachment was too large.

Trying again,  with reduced file size.

Oliver

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Les

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Is that one of those fancy polypropylene high capacity bailers I see there? In white, too.

I think I’ll see if the speed sails “barriers” can be made to fit. They also have pockets suitable for halyards.

Oliver Shaw
    Participant

You mean the bucket?

There are also four fenders visible.

Oliver

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.